Exquisite and comfortable, no two leather hides are exactly alike, Like you, each hide is unique! Many factors affect the look and texture of leather from climate, age and ranching methods. For example, a hide from South America will not look the same as a hide from the United States. Hides from warm-climate cattle are thinner and do not absorb much dye. Hides from ranches that use barbed wire will have different range marks.
The most coveted leather hides do not go through the multiple correction processes of inferior hides, and therefore exhibit color variations and range marks. These premium hides highlight the unique and natural quality of leather left unmasked by dyes and varnishes.
Types of Leather
Full Aniline Leather:
• the finest leather available, always made from premium quality,
full top-grain hides (the surface of a full-grain
hide has not been mechanically altered)
• the softest, most luxurious and natural-looking leather
• more likely to fade and stain;will feature noticeable
range marks, barbed wire scars,wrinkles, scratches
• unretouched, resulting in subtle color and shading
differences from hide to hide–and even within a hide
• generally more expensive than other types of leather
• high quality, high-value leather, always top-grain
• soft and beautiful; durable and practical
• often coated with clear sealant to enhance stain resistance
• slightly more uniform in color and texture than full aniline
• fewer noticeable range marks
• generally less expensive than full aniline leather
• high quality, full top-grain leather buffed or sanded to a velvety, suede-like nap
• more likely to fade and stain; will feature noticeable range marks, barbed wire scars,wrinkles, scratches and brands
• soft and beautiful;more durable than a true suede that is produced from lower quality split-grain leather
• least likely to fade or stain
• sanded surface and a faux embossed pattern create a highly uniform and consistent texture
• coated with clear sealant to enhance stain resistance
• opaque dyes create rich and uniform coloration that
minimize natural marks and scars
• excellent durability with minimal maintenance
Click picture for full collection offering and specs.
Is that sofa REALLY leather? Know what your comparing and the questions to ask when shopping for leather furniture. Follow this link to find out more.
All about Leather
We are proud to offer you choices in top-grain leather. Each has distinctive qualities of appearance, comfort and maintenance, as well as price. Find a leather that meets the needs of your lifestyle. Softer leathers may require more care to retain their beauty. If you have an active lifestyle with children and pets on the furniture, the verybest may not be the best choice for you.
831 Hoosick Road
Troy, NY 12180
A furniture store serving the Capital District,
Albany, Troy, Saratoga, Clifton Park
JUST MINUTES FROM ALBANY
Feathers Furniture store has been serving furniture needs of the capital district of New York (NY), southern Vermont (VT), and western Massachusetts (MA) for over 70 years. A Furniture Store conveniently located in Troy, New York (NY), minutes from I-787 Albany, our customers come from all over the greater capital district (Albany) New York. Including the Adirondacks, Albany, Altamont, Amsterdam, Averill Park, Ballston Lake, Ballston Spa, Berlin, Berne, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Burnt Hills, Cambridge, Castleton, Catskill, Charleton, Bolton Landing, Chatham, Clifton Park, Cobleskill, Cohoes, Colonie, Corinth, Delmar, Duanesburg, Eagle Bridge, East Greenbush, Edinburg, Fulton, Galway, Gansevoort, Glens Falls, Glenville, Gloversville, Grafton, Green Island, Greenfield, Guilderland, Hadley, Halfmoon, Herkimer Hoosick Falls, Hudson Falls, Johnsonville, Johnstown, Lake George and the Lake George Region, Lake Luzerne, Lansingburgh, Latham, Loudonville, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Melrose, Menands, Middleburgh, North Greenbush, Perth, Pittstown, Poestenkill, Rensselaer, Rensselaer County, Round Lake, Sand Lake, Saratoga, Saratoga Lake, Saratoga Springs and the greater Saratoga region, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schodack, Schoharie, Scotia, South Colonie, North Colonie, Town of Colonie, Speigletown, Stillwater, Troy, Valley Falls, Voorheesville, Waterford, Watervliet, and Wells. We deliver furniture to Southern Vermont (VT) including Bennington, Shaftsbury, Pownal, Manchester, Arlington, Glastenbury, Brattleboro, and Londonderry. We deliver furniture to Western Massachusetts (MA)including Wilmington, Adams, North Adams, Amherst, Auburn, Pittsfield, Springfield, Stockbridge, Williamstown, Great Barrington, Hancock, Lee, Lanesboro, Lenox, North Hampton, Northfield, and Marlborough. If you live outside the greater Capital District of New York (NY) - - Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga and Colonie, call us to see if we deliver in your area.
Feathers Furniture store is a full line furniture store meeting all of your home furniture needs. We carry a great selection of living room, leather, bedroom, dining room, entertainment, accent, furniture, youth furniture, mattress, and can help you with your home design and decorating. We feature quality furniture from Flexsteel, Best Home Furniture, Lane, Stanley, Simmons, Sunset, John Thomas, Whitewood, Vaughan Bassett, Leather Italia and more.... Feathers Furniture your one stop shopping furntiure store.